Hello, One and All, My name is Kevin (Kev) Grane. I am a senior here at the University of Oklahoma. I am originally from Plano, Texas where I graduated Plano West Senior Highschool in a class of 1,350. I came to the University of Oklahoma to pursue a degree in religious studies and a minor in health and exercise. I have done quite a bit of study abroad at OU. I am just now returning from a semester at the University of Edinburgh in Scotland. I will include a picture of the University of Edinburgh below. University of Edinburgh This summer I had an awesome opportunity to be a research fellow with Hebrew University in Jerusalem. Unfortunately, I was unable to research in person but I was glad to participate via Zoom. This summer we studied Jewish spirituality and Mysticism in the 21st century. This means we looked at how traditional sects of Judaism viewed their faith as opposed to modern sects. This quickly became a spectrum of each sect identify...
Theoretical Job Story source: Folk-lore of the Holy Land: Moslem, Christian and Jewish by J. E. Hanauer (1907). Original Source Authors Note: The fact that Jobs's wife was tested to determine his faith or excess of faith intrigues me. If God was waiting to see if Job was loyal why didn’t god just stop when Job continued to praise him through his sickness and other trials? Why did God have to also test his wife? The only logical explanation I can come up with is that if God was simply testing the resolve of Jobs's faith he would have stopped with Job unless the definition of his extends to his family as well. I.e. if Job had a truly genuine faith then his family will be faithful as well. It is for this reason that I present the following scenario depicting the problem with this statement. There once was a man named Job. He was for all the world blameless. All those around him turned to him for godly advice. He never practiced sin and lived an upright and blameless life. One day...
Comments
Post a Comment