Reading Notes: The Fisherman and His Wife, Part 2

Story source: Household Stories by the Brothers Grimm


Plot:

The fisherman now calls for the fish again, exclaiming that his wife "wants what I do not"

The fish grants the wish for a castle. 

It was a grand castle.

The next morning the wife woke up the fisherman and told him to go to the fish and ask the fish to make him king of the land. 

The husband doesn't want to be king, so she asked him to ask the fish to make her the king. 
 
So he went and begrudgingly asked the fish. 

The fish granted the wish and the story ends. 

Thoughts:

At this point, I am anxious to see the fish say no. The wife has so much prideful ambition and greed in her heart, there must be some sort of cosmic ending. I think I will write my own moving forward in my story for this week. The plot is incredibly simple, yet relatable. I feel that many husbands find themselves in this position today. This must be at least part of the reasons why this story became so famous and has later through time as well as it has. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Personal Introduction

Week 5 Story