Famous last words, week 11

 This week has been a bit overwhelming. Having 5 jobs and being a full-time student isn't particularly easy. I work at Headington hall as a desk clerk, I work at a church where I serve as a youth pastor, I teach a class for the university as a peer teaching assistant, I run a small business personally training kids from 6th-12th grade, and I work as a bouncer at The Porch on campus corner. Trying to balance all of these has been pretty rough lately. This last week I finally went from Wednesday through Saturday with just about no sleep. It didn't help that there was a time change this week so I lost an extra hour of sleep.

Nevertheless, I know that in each of these capacities I am serving my brothers and sisters in Christ. I teach those at the church, I encourage kids in my business to love themselves, and I look out for my peers at the bar looking for any opportunity to keep them safe and behaving responsibly. 

I would love some time to myself, however. I am starting to fall behind in my classwork. I have two major papers due next week that I haven't even started yet. This concerns me a bit but I still have time. However, I know that I won't have much time this weekend because of all the work obligations I have. 

I did complete a writing piece that I was really proud of earlier this week though. I definalty used a lot of very big words and I know I sounded pretty smart. Some examples are "As the narrative continues readers see the emergence of a ghostly figure that is only ever stopped by the excavation of his remains and their subsequent burial" and "Now, if readers view the narrative as valid, in the case of Phlegon’s “Philinnion”, readers are taken through a narrative describing the case of a betrothed woman passing away and subsequentially beginning to repossessed her own decaying body after death; then visiting her husband thrice before being discovered by her parents, judged, and, cursing her parents whilst returning to death".

I was pretty proud of how smart I sounded there, and it's important to pat yourself on the back every once in a while :)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Personal Introduction

Week 5 Story