Reading Notes: Infancy Gospels, Part B

 Jesus and the Schoolmaster 

Story source: The Lost Books of the Bible, edited by Rutherford H. Platt, Jr. (1926): The First Gospel of the Infancy of Jesus Christ.

Plot:

A schoolmaster asks Joseph to send Jesus to school. 

he tries to teach Jesus the alphabet but before reaching B Jesus stops him and blows him away with knowledge of the meaning of the alphabet. 

The master is blown away and says that Jesus needs no leaning.

They then took Jesus to a more learned master who was going to whip him for not just moving on to B in the alphabet. 

As he went to whip Jesus his hand withered and died. 

Joseph decided to shelter Jesus from then on so no one else would die at his hand. 

Jesus then met a rabbi and explained universal truths of the law and blew the rabbis mind. 

the end.

Ideas:
I think if I wanted to adapt this story to my own I might run with the idea that anyone who displeased him would die. I think there is a lot of potential for some comic relief there. It is almost suggesting that Jesus can't control his power. This is of course blasphmany but i think it would make for an interesting sitcom. Other than that I liked how he just blew all the teachers out of the water but I don't love how he did it. Like what does "a" mean? What kind of question is that? I would rather hear him break out into like a song or something to demonstrate control of language. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Personal Introduction

Week 5 Story