Project Topic Research


I have Tentatively decided to dive into the wonderful world of Middle Earth for my storytelling project. This is a world created by JRR Tolkien primarily displayed in his books The Lord of the Rings. 

For the first story, I loved using this source about the birth of the dragon, im thinking about doing something surrounding this idea of discovering a dragon egg or accidentally hatching a dragon egg. It sounds like a pretty wide topic of how they are born but I think there is a ton of opportunity to introduce a dragon as a positive force in a way that hasn't been seen in Middle Earth before. Of the stories I've read in middle earth, dragons are not usually too friendly so I think this is a great avenue that can be taken advantage of. Especially if a dragon ends up working for/with a dwarf because dwarves are known for their love of jewels. In that aspect, the two have that in common. 

Dragon Egg Picture

Second, I found this story from the point of view of a woman pirates ring. I think this would be amazing to see as the Lord of the Rings revolves around the idea of these sentient rings. Perhaps it would be cool to write from the perspective of the ring of power. It could have its own personality and will that is actually expressed. I also love the idea of some female pirates as the final episode of Lord of the Rings is pretty progressive for the role of women in Middle Earth. 

Woman Pirates

Finally, I found a really cool story about ghosts and the underworld that I think would fit in really well in Middle earth. It sort of combines these ideas of religion and parellel worlds. I think there is a lot of good ideas and material here that could be used well when exploring life after death. Thease concepts could be plaed out in middle earth as im already aware that ghosts eist in middle earth but the afterlife concept is sort of a mystery. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Personal Introduction

Week 5 Story